Mobile: 07500 933 022
Rob’s cornerstone philosophy when dealing with clients in a distressed position is to find a commercially sensible solution which benefits all of the stakeholders. This approach has, in the past meant that Rob can act on behalf of directors and Banks without conflict as all viewpoints are taken into account.
This approach can be seen in Rob’s appointments which notably include the following:
- £10m wine retailer: Sale of business to the third party, full repayment to the bank, no exposure to directors personal guarantees.
- £15m Cosmetics Company: Share sale to a foreign franchisor. All jobs secured.
- Data company £24m net debt: Successful sale of the business. Preserving jobs.
- £7m Masts manufacturer: Sale of business.
- £5m Hotel: Sale of business, full repayment to Bank with no exposure to directors guarantees.
Mobile: 07979 706 392
Gareth has considerable experience with a wide variety of businesses in many industry sectors in the Thames Valley and down the M4 corridor to Wales and the West, and has particular expertise with sporting clubs and manufacturing businesses. Gareth was previously a partner with HMT Corporate Recovery and RSM Tenon, and prior to that a Senior Manager with Ernst & Young. He has 31 years experience in the Corporate Recovery field after starting his career with the Official Receiver in 1986 and qualified as a Licensed Insolvency Practitioner in 1998. Career highlights include:
- Acting as Administrator to London Welsh Rugby Football Club, managing the business and liaising with the Rugby Football Union. This culminated in the refinancing of the business via a new investor leading the solvent exit from Administration and handing the Club back to the directors.
- Acting as Receiver for Reynard Motorsport Limited, a leading motorsport company in particular in Nascar racing in the USA. Various parts of the business were sold to competitors, leading to a significant and unexpected recovery for certain stakeholders.
- Acting as Administrator of a sub prime lender with a loan book of over £10million realising sufficient value from the book to repay the secured creditors in full and making a significant return to the unsecured creditors
Gareth is married with three children and his leisure interests include golf (social handicap of 18) and watching the Welsh rugby team occasionally win Grand Slams.
Mobile: 07967 471211
Paul was the founding member of HMT Corporate Recovery in 1996, having formerly worked for Ernst & Young in Reading and latterly RSM Tenon. A qualified Chartered Accountant and Insolvency License holder, Paul has over 25 years experience in all aspects of insolvency and recovery work.
- Advising two Championship Football Clubs, both of which were sold and avoided insolvency.
- The insolvency of a £80 million turnover motor parts business.
- The insolvency of a sub prime lender with a loan book of £8 million.
Notwithstanding the above, the majority of clients are small owner managed businesses across a variety of industries. Paul is married with two girls and his leisure interests include golf (handicap 13) and following for his sins, Sunderland football club.
Mobile: +44 (0) 7855 231 103
David has worked in Restructuring for 15 years, initially within the “Big 4” before moving to RSM
where he was latterly the Partner in the Reading office covering the Thames Valley. David is a
qualified accountant and licensed insolvency practitioner with experience in all formal insolvency
processes. In addition, David has extensive experience in providing Independent Business Reviews
for both Companies and their Lenders.
- Acting as Administrator for a multi-jurisdiction online gambling firm, achieving a sale of part
of the business for a consideration of c£1.8m including the settlement of all outstanding
- Acting as Administrator of an £80m turnover publishing firm based in Oxfordshire with 125
staff and group companies worldwide.
- Sale of a large high street clothing brand out of Administration for in excess of £1m.
In addition, David has undertaken numerous small Insolvent and solvent Liquidations which form the
majority of his day to day work.
In his spare time, David plays golf (badly) and follows Wolverhampton Wanderers and Bristol Rugby
in between watching his three children participate in various sports.
Lee began his career in the insolvency industry with Coopers & Lybrand in June 1998, before joining Paul Ellison at HMT Corporate Recovery in June 2000.
Lee is a senior manager within the firm and works on all aspects of cases from commencement to closure. He specialises in Members Voluntary Liquidations and has dealt with over 60 appointments since joining KRE.
Recent cases range from small liquidations to trading a large printing factory in Administration with over 60 employees based in Exeter for a 3 month period.
Lee is married with four children and his leisure interests include Arsenal football club, attending music and comedy gigs, photography and movies.
Vikki has 27 years of experience within the insolvency industry, starting her career at Grant Thornton before moving to a mid-tier firm. Vikki has worked alongside the KRE partners for the last 13 years and is one of two Senior Managers within the practice.
Vikki deals with all types of corporate insolvency cases from commencement to closure. As well as her case responsibilities, Vikki has the task of managing all aspects of the firms internal and external compliance procedures.
Vikki has three children and when she isn’t running round after them she is running herself. Having recently completed a half marathon, 50km run along the ridgeway and several other running challenges in between.
Chris has 10 years of experience within the insolvency industry and has been with KRE since their inception in November 2012. Prior to this, he worked at RSM Tenon with the three current partners of KRE. Chris recently passed his insolvency exams and became qualified in March 2017. He will next be looking to apply for his Insolvency Practitioner License as the next step in his career.
Chris is a manager within the firm and works on all aspects of cases from commencement to closure. Recent cases range from small liquidations to the Administration of a 32-unit Retail chain. His interests include golf, Sunderland football club and music festivals.
Ben has over 10 years of experience within the insolvency industry, starting out at RSM Tenon in 2006 with the current partners of KRE Corporate Recovery before spending over three years with a specialised litigation funding provider. Ben joined KRE Corporate Recovery in November 2014 and is now a Manager within the firm, working on all aspects of cases from commencement to closure. Ben intends to commence his studies for his formal insolvency exams in 2018 with a view to becoming fully qualified thereafter.
Recent cases include the Administrations of a large construction group on the South Coast with over 150 employees, a non-profit career advisory firm with a large ~£40m pension deficit and a specialist gearing company in Berkshire which was incorporated in the early 1920s. In his spare time, Ben is a keen squash player, a season-ticket holder at Reading FC and also writes for a Formula 1 fan-site.
Sarah has continually worked with Paul Ellison for over 20 years, beginning as the office junior before joining the Insolvency Department. She plays an integral role in the functioning of the firm undertaking various tasks, not least being the organisation of the annual Spanish Conference.
Sarah has two boys who keep her on her toes. She has recently joined a running club and enjoys participating a couple of nights a week whilst having a chat along the way.